TRUST AND PROBATE MANAGER – LEADING CITY LAW FIRM
Salary: c£45k + flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
About Our Client
Our client has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
They advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. They have represented a large proportion of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, a quarter of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, a third of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
The Wealth Planning practice provides sophisticated legal advice to the world’s most successful people, from aristocracy to first, second and third generation entrepreneurs, industrialists, senior executives, celebrities, artists, philanthropists and other prominent figures. This practice generates approximately 55% of the partnership’s revenues (globally) and is the firm’s engine room. With more wealth planning lawyers worldwide the firm has one of the, if not the, largest and most comprehensive private client practices in the world. Although the London WP team is the largest in the firm, 25% of our EU and Asia clients are now based outside the UK.
The Estates, Succession and Trusts (EST) team provides advice in a number of areas such as probate, legal, trust accounting and management services often dealing with the international aspects of probate, succession setting up and managing trusts. The trust accounting team within EST produces accounts for trusts and estates
Whilst our Client is interested in what ex-military may have to offer in this role, but realistically it is highly probable that you will have had previous experience of Trusts administration too.
As a Manager in this team you can expect to work with a broad range of clients, including professional and individual trustees, executors and administrators, banks, and beneficiaries (both individuals and charities). The role will involve all aspects of estates, succession and trust work including:
- Legal research
- Probate Administration
- Trust management includes all aspects of administration, taxation, accounts and compliance relating to a portfolio of trusts
- Trust accounts using computerised accountancy software supporting the Trust Accounts Manager and his team
- Document management review and analysis
- Assisting in preparing pitches and tenders and in all aspects of business development
- Participating in client events
- Produce accurate, high quality work quickly and efficiently using the firm's software packages and document management systems
- Capable of preparing Terms of Engagement letters; using electronic file opening, ensuring money laundering is adhered to and requesting necessary documentation
- In conjunction with secretarial staff and Marketing, assist in keeping the InterAction (Client Relationship Management System/Database) up to date and produce reports as required
- Provide effective and proactive communication with clients, legal staff and other support staff, organise meetings, answer the phone, take messages, manage e-mail, etc.
- Able to resolve account queries and produce bills using Elite (finance and time recording system) and accompanying letters
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and Experience required
Interested? Send your CV in Word and a short covering letter to email@example.com outlining your suitability and earliest availability; deadline 25th August 2017.