TRUST ACCOUNT MANAGER – LEADING CITY LAW FIRM
Salary: c£60k + flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more.
About Our Client
Our client has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
They advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, they provide coverage and services that other law firms focused on the needs of the individual cannot. They have represented a large proportion of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, a quarter of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, a third of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
As a Manager in this team you can expect to work with a broad range of clients, including professional and individual trustees, executors and administrators, banks, and beneficiaries (both individuals and charities).
Whilst our Client is interested in what ex-military may have to offer in this role, but realistically it is highly probable that you will have had previous experience of Trusts administration too.
The role will involve all aspects of estates, succession and trust work including:
- Legal research
- Probate Administration including all aspects of estate administration including IHT, CGT, Income tax for estates, accounting etc.
- Trust management includes all aspects of administration, taxation, accounts and compliance relating to a portfolio of trusts
- Document management review and analysis
- Assisting in preparing pitches and tenders and in all aspects of business development
- Participating in client events
- Produce accurate, high quality work quickly and efficiently using the firm's software packages and document management systems
- Capable of preparing Terms of Engagement letters; using electronic file opening, ensuring money laundering is adhered to and requesting necessary documentation
- In conjunction with secretarial staff and Marketing, assist in keeping the InterAction (Client Relationship Management System/Database) up to date and produce reports as required
- Provide effective and proactive communication with clients, legal staff and other support staff, organise meetings, answer the phone, take messages, manage e-mail, etc.
- Able to resolve account queries and produce bills using Elite (finance and time recording system) and accompanying letters
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and Experience required
- 9.30 – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- Part time hours may be considered.
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package
Key skills and experience
- A minimum of two years' experience as a trust and probate manager is desirable
- CILEx qualification/STEP Membership is desirable
- Proven experience in Probate and Trust Administration
- Familiarity with technology e.g. excel, word
- Excellent research skills
- Be able to work as part of a team and under pressure and have strong financial aptitude (for billing)
- Strong academics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested? Send your CV in Word and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your suitability and earliest availability; deadline 25th August 2017.