Salary: £35-50k + Healthcare, flexible working, 25 days leave + bank holidays, Pension (5% company contribution), cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers + more ad hoc elements.
Our Client develops some of the most critical software and infrastructure for the national emergency services. They serve customers in every corner of the country, with one in every two UK police forces using their technology today.
They also support the transport and aviation sectors. You’ll find their technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport. Further afield, they have secured contracts in Sweden at Karolinska hospital and with the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. They also keep the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected – none other than Dubai Airport.
Our client is keen to consider ex military for this role and it is envisaged this role would suit someone from an IT / IS background with a sound understanding of software design and implementation process.
Purpose of Department
The Technical Team provide a highly technical sales support function. Through a rigorous design process the solutions to be sold are captured, documented and priced within the technical teams. Additional functionality such as technology research, product and supplier management are key to what the department provides.
Purpose of Job
To provide technical, pricing and quoting support during the sales opportunities, tender and bid processes and provide design and pricing documentation to backup this function.
Ensure that Sales teams are kept up-to-date with current technological developments and provide a link between the sales and development functions.
This position reports directly to the Technical Manager.
- Provide Technical support and input to the sales opportunities
- Provide pricing and quoting support for sales opportunities
- Create the detailed system design and pricing documentation required for the sales function
- Provide a clear and effective link between the sales and development functions
- Provide technical support for the tender and bid process's
- Provide demonstrations/presentations on the technical aspects of company products.
- Maintain a dialogue with 3rd party suppliers to ensure that the Sales teams are kept up-to-date with current technological developments applicable to their market interest.
- Gain strong understanding of potential customers’ requirements and help Sales to create a solution based on company standard products.
- Provide advice and consultation to new software development and design as required.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the gap analysis register in regard to tender commitments on all products.
- Provide retrospective project support for technical documentation and assistance with active projects.
- Any other reasonable request or instruction received from a member of the management team.
Interested? Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your suitability and availability asap.