MASTER DATA MANAGER
Location: Brentford, Middlesex
Master Data Management is a technology-enabled discipline in which business and IT work together to ensure the uniformity, accuracy, stewardship, semantic consistency and accountability of the enterprise’s official, shared master data assets. This role would be well suited to an SO3 / WO level individual who has higher formation data / planning / analysis experience.
Overall Purpose of the Role
To be senior point of contact for Master Data processes and Data Quality. To ensure inaccuracies in company master data are identified and resolved proactively, own master data processes for the Commercial function and to manage a MDM / Data Quality program for the Finance and Commercial team.
Responsible for understanding, developing, and communicating master data management principles and data quality standards, and is also part of a business-enabling team that supports day-to-day activities of maintaining master data of the customer domain. Works with business owners and Data Quality tools to establish controls and business rules around data model and data attributes. Also responsible for development and delivery of KPI’s and end-user training.
- Works closely with Head of Master Data Management and the data architects to manage the MDM business glossary and attribute standards.
- Manages data lineage for key master data attributes.
- Creates awareness of current data quality issues and impacts by reporting data quality metrics.
- Creates, maintains, and delivers end-user training for master data custodians, business data creators, and owners.
- Supports Head of Data Management with various master data initiatives and process improvements.
- Reviews, analyses, and resolves master data exceptions raised by master data custodian.
- Proven team leader: able to recruit, develop and retain a high performing team of quality analysts.
- Methodical with high attention to detail and expertise in analysing the quality outputs of the team.
- Analyse management information and use the findings to maintain or develop team performance.
- Proactively use own initiative to identify, raise and/or action outputs from quality analysis activity aimed at improving the capability of the quality team.
- Work as a team player and lead a team, sharing quality findings and best practice.
- You will be highly motivated and driven to ensure success in this role and for line reports.
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of all operational activities on behalf of all stakeholders
- Ensure that all legislative and company operational procedures and standards are applied to provide a consistent and safe service and product for all employees and customers
- Ensure Product and Supplier Master records are accurately created
- Ensure all SLA’s for creating and validating Master Data by Data owners are adhered to
- Produce SLA reports to ensure management is aware of consistent breaching of SLA’s
- Help build QA checks to identify duplication, gaps and inconsistencies in ‘offer’ data
- Build QA checks to ensure anomalies in Product, Ranging and Supplier data are identified and cleansed
- Work with Business / IT to deliver and develop the checks and business rules in the System
- Communicating Data process changes across the business, ensuring implications have been considered and action plans to address them are in place.
- Working closely with stakeholders on projects, IT teams and other key stakeholders to ensure changes in business process are considered and developed
- Document end to end processes to manage ‘Product ’ data including promotions and act as the gatekeeper for these
- Support Management in delivering / measuring Data owners / Data Custodians / SME’s KPI’s by providing Master Data quality reports
- Ensure control processes are implemented according to best practise models
- Focus on driving efficiency and improvement initiatives and restructuring existing Data processes
- Assessment of control process and Implementation of best practice models
- Manage several data related business projects in parallel
- Identifying, transitioning, and implementing all business process changes for Data which arise from Business / Regulatory Reporting changes as a result of industry.
- Attract – Ongoing forecasting of future requirements within the team. Support One Resourcing solution bringing quality people into the business
- Retain – Take ownership for induction, talent management and succession planning sharing resource plans with other functions and central resourcing
- Develop – Through appraisal process identify technical and behavioural development needs ensuring development plans are aligned to business strategy
- Engage – Ensure engagement through effective communication, recognition and positive people management
- Perform – Take ownership of People MAP (Management and Performance Reporting) plans focusing on productivity, performance and service excellence
- Can Do - Finds new / quicker ways of meeting goals, shows conviction in own judgement and decisions responds quickly under pressure and overcomes hurdles to achieve targets
- Share Success – Provides task related feedback to do the job effectively and provide excellent service, and delegates tasks to develop others
- Passion for Quality – Sets demanding performance expectations, sets priorities to maximise benefits, tracks the commercial implications of a situation in a step by step way
- Win through Teamwork – Pursues friendly relationships with colleagues and clients, makes contact with colleagues across the organisation and shares own knowledge and insight and displays a high level of energy and commitment to the organisation
- Embrace Diversity – Listens to others and values their contributions, receptive to new and builds on ideas and acts in ethical and socially responsible manner
- Knowledge of master data and how changes impact systems / users
- In Depth Systems knowledge of
- ERP (Preferably MS AX or combination of either Oracle, Sage, Microsoft and NetSuite)
- Microsoft products 2 years experience required; 4 years preferred Office
- Experience with master data management and data tools.
- Strong academics
- Experience required in developing and implementing QA schedules
- Ability to produce detailed analysis
- Experience required in developing and implementing Processes
- Strong analytical skill set
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Required to problem-solve
- Experience of systems implementations and business process re-engineering
Interested? Send your CV in Word and a short covering letter to email@example.com outlining your suitability and earliest availability; deadline 25th August 2017.