MASTER DATA & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Location: Brentford, Middlesex
Master Data Management is a technology-enabled discipline in which business and IT work together to ensure the uniformity, accuracy, stewardship, semantic consistency and accountability of the enterprise’s official, shared master data assets. This role would be well suited to an SO3 / WO / SNCO level individual who has formation data / planning / training / analysis experience.
Overall Purpose of the Role
To be the single point of contact within the Master Data, Helpdesk and Promotional areas of the Business to deal directly with any development or reporting requirements. To ensure that all reporting within both areas is fit for purpose and future proofed to include all forthcoming developments opportunities.
Responsible for understanding, planning and communicating all developmental requirements across the various systems utilised, and is also part of a business-enabling team that supports the day-to-day reporting activities across all relevant business areas. Works with business owners and key stakeholders to maintain a pipeline of developmental/reporting requirements. Also responsible for development and delivery of key performance indicators and end-user skills training / development.
- Works closely with Master Data Manager and Helpdesk & Promotions Manager to deliver the required development and reporting requirements to meet the future business needs.
- Liaises with IT and appropriate stakeholders to manage all development required in the Master Data, Helpdesk and Promotional areas.
- Creates awareness of data quality, Helpdesk and Promotional issues/impacts by creating and publishing insightful reporting metrics.
- Creates, maintains, and delivers end user training for all consumers of data held within the reporting produced/published.
- Supports Head of Master Data with various master data, Helpdesk and Promotional developmental initiatives and process improvements.
- Reviews, analyses and resolves master data exceptions raised by master data custodians or stakeholders.
- Works with team management to input into and implement the strategic vision.
- Proven team leader: able to develop, nurture and train analytical and root cause skills across Master Data and Helpdesk teams.
- Work collaboratively across all areas with the key stakeholders, to define working pipeline for all developmental and reporting requirements.
- Methodical with high attention to detail and expertise in analysing the quality outputs of the team.
- Analyse management information and use the findings to maintain or develop team performance.
- Proactively use own initiative to identify, raise and/or action outputs from quality analysis activity aimed at improving the capability of the quality team.
- Work as a team player and lead a team, sharing quality findings and best practice at all times.
- You will be highly motivated and driven to ensure success in this role.
- Support Management in delivering fit for purpose reporting capability.
- Ensure control processes are implemented according to best practise models for all development activities.
- Focus on driving reporting efficiency and data improvement initiatives with key stakeholders.
- Manage several developmental and reporting related business projects in parallel.
- Identifying, transitioning and implementing all business process changes for reporting which arise from Business/ Regulatory Reporting changes.
- Can Do: Finds new / quicker ways of showing meaningful data in a variety of reporting formats. Shows conviction in own judgement and decisions responds quickly under pressure and overcomes hurdles to achieve deadlines/targets.
- Share Success: Provides task related feedback to do the job effectively and provide excellent service, and delegates tasks to develop others.
- Passion for Quality: Sets demanding performance expectations, sets priorities to maximise benefits, tracks the commercial implications of a situation in a step by step way.
- Win through Teamwork: Pursues mutual collaborative relationships with colleagues and suppliers, makes contact with colleagues across the organisation and shares own knowledge to develop and insight and displays a high level of energy and commitment to the organisation.
- Embrace Diversity: Listens to others and values their contributions, receptive to new ideas and acts in ethical and socially responsible manner.
- Minimum 3 years previous competency in a similar role.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent BI Tool Skills (preferably Microsoft Power BI or Business Objects).
- Management and team development competency.
Interested? Send your CV in Word and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your suitability and earliest availability; deadline 25th August 2017.