HEAD OF OPERATIONS
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: £25-35k + bonus
The Head of Operations is responsible to plan, direct and oversee the operations and financial health of the Newcastle business division. Responsible for overseeing and leading the Newcastle operation and is also responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the staff and resources.
Our client is very interested in ex military personnel for this role.
Primary Objectives of the Head of Operations:
- Carrying out and attaining targets set for Newcastle office.
- Ongoing skill and knowledge training of employees to maintain an improving and superior service to clients.
- Development of employees with emphasis on quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development.
- FCA, Data Protection and legal activities, health & safety at work, HR including pensions.
Primary Responsibilities of the Head of Operations
Perform Operations Management:
- Plan staffing levels to cover 24/7 call handling, together with holiday and week-ends.
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
- Ensure staffing levels are adequate but not excessive to cope with current workloads.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Develop staff, including overseeing new employee induction and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Create a workplace culture that encourages individual ambitions and loyalty.
- Ensure that procedures and practices comply with all current legislation.
- Lead employee development that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, and overtime scheduling.
Perform Department Management
- Manage the overall operational and financial responsibilities and activities of the Newcastle operation.
- Liaise with clients to satisfy programme requirements and client expectations.
- Develop relationships with existing clients that increase revenue and loyalty.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Communicate regularly with other managers, the managing director and other designated contacts within the organization.
- Specifically ensure the completion of and performance of the following:
- Act as back up call handler.
- Achieve scheme call handling, reporting and other client/insurer required SLAs.
- Client reports, including call statistics and underwriting information, are sent on time.
- Bordereaux are sent on time and are accurate and up to date.
- Banking is accurate and up to date.
- Cheques paid and funds transferred are accurate.
- Manage repairers to fulfill obligations under scheme cover levels and to agreed SLAs.
- Appoint new repairers as required and in time to fulfil contracts.
Interested? Send your CV and covering email / letter stating your suitability and earliest availability to email@example.com