HEAD OF FIELD OPERATIONS – SERVICED PRIVATE LUXURY HOME RENTALS
Salary:£40,000 - £50000 base salary (experience dependent) plus Benefits
Work Core Hours:0900-1800hrs, Monday to Friday
Area of Business:Operations
Overview – the Company
Our Client provides its Guests with an authentic private home experience whilst giving their Hosts / Owners an opportunity to make extra money from their property. Since inception in 2011 it has matched thousands of visitors to London with hundreds of characterful city homes. It offers guests a curated collection of properties, each carefully prepared and cared for by their local hospitality teams, and with concierge on demand. For hosts / owners, it offers an effortless way to earn income when they’re not using their homes. With recent strategic investment by global hotel and holiday rental specialists, and with support from their existing investors they are on an exciting journey to expand internationally, having opened their Paris Office in 2017 and plans to open a third international City in 2018 – thus there is definite growth potential in this role.
The firm’s goal is to make home sharing as easy as possible, creating memorable experiences around the world.
The firm is specifically interested in meeting ex-military Candidates for this role – indeed the Chief Operating Officer comes from that background, with subsequent commercial experience. You could be a traditional ‘Young Officer’ who wants to be London based but is not attracted by Financial Services, or possibly a Late Entry Officer with a broad background in Facilities Management whilst in the services, and maybe subsequently: the firm is open minded.
Overview – London
The firm has over 1000 handpicked homes across London, addressing a broad market of 3 to 5 starproperties. The Service is designed around Guests and Hosts/ Owners and includes:
• Enquiries & Reservations
• Professional Housekeeping
• Linen, Towels and Toiletries
• Meet & Greet for Guests
• Concierge Services for Guests
• Account Managers and Property Managers for Hosts
In order to deliver this service to Guests and Hosts/ Owners the London Operations team is organised into 3Departments:
• Home Services
• Field Operations
• Guest Relations
Each department is led by a “Head Of” who is responsible for delivering the outputs of their team.
The Head of Field Operations is one of three pivotal “Heads Of” within the Operations team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. As the Head of Field Operations, you will own the service delivery function with responsibility for the fulfilment and scalability of the London Field Operations team to support profitable growth in London and assist the growing overseas Operations teams. The Field Operations team in London compromises 4 teams (Quality Assessors, Operation Coordinators, Maintenance Engineers and Drivers) and also works with several outsourced specialist providers of linen and cleaning staff. These teams work on a shift pattern to provide a Field Operations capability for 365 days a year.
• Resource & Personnel Management. Managing a core team of 15 staff (Quality Assessors, Operation Coordinators, Maintenance Engineers and Drivers) which increases to up to 30 staff during peak times, with supporting inventory and equipment/vehicles.
• Resource Planning. Responsible for managing the 3 to 6 month resource planning process, ensuring people and suppliers are able to meet forecast demand. This includes the recruitment and retention of the permanent and seasonal team members of the Field Operations team
• Supplier Management. Management of the relationships with a diverse supply chain providing services across London.
• Process Management and Continuous Improvement. Development and Continuous Improvement of Standard Operating Procedures and Technology-Enabled innovation. This includes managing the Task Flow procedure of Maintenance and Guest fulfilment requests, and helping to improve the system. This will involve close liaison with the Head of Guest Relations and Home Services.
• Inventory Management. Oversight of an In-House Inventory & Logistics System to fulfil Host and Guest requests.
• Operational Budget & KPIs. Managing the Field Operations budget and expenditure within set parameters. Delivering a set of service and productivity KPIs as agreed with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
• Safety Guidelines. Ensuring all health and safety issues, legal obligations and procedures are adhered to within the delivery of the Function.
• Capable of driving change
• Highly organised and self-aware
• Details focused
• Process Driven with Strong Coordination skills
• High emotional intelligence
• Strong leadership skills, with an ability to create a positive team environment despite the team working remotely.
• 5+ years’ experience gained in a high pressure, customer focused operational environment. The following sectors will be looked on as a positive: hospitality, retail or armed forces.
• Proven management of a diverse and multi-site team .
Interested? Send your CV in Word with a short covering letter outlining your earliest availability date and suitability to email@example.com; deadline Friday 23 Feb. Early application may be advantageous.