FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
c£32k base + bonus and Car
Ideally based in the South Midlands or within reach of London
This company is a market leader in crafting fabric / solutions for the automotive, fashion and furniture industries, from design to production, and is at the leading edge of the digital transformations of those industries. It has subsidiaries all over the globe.
This role reports to the UK & Ireland Customer Care Manager.
The firm is actively interested in considering applications from appropriately qualified ex-military, particularly those with any Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience, which may have been gained subsequent to a military career. If you can cover off 75% of the requirement below, are technically adept and are receptive to learning new skills that is sufficient to apply.
The Field Service Engineer is a key member of the Service Team & the Technical Expert on its high-tech software & hardware products.
This position’s main role is to guarantee the smooth running and availability of the firm’s Computer Aided Design (CAD) & Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) solutions at Customer sites.
In order to ensure the best level of performance & reliability on all products, the Field Service Engineer will make on site interventions to support Customers and ensure all preventive maintenance is completed according to our Customers Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
All interventions are intended to ensure the highest level of Customer Care at all times and to maximise the quality, productivity & performance of all the firm’s products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent the firm in a positive & professional manner at all times
- Install the firm’s CAD/CAM equipment & software
- Upgrade CAD/CAM software as necessary
- Provide preventive & corrective maintenance on all hardware products
- Provide technical diagnostics & troubleshooting capabilities on all the firm’s CAD & CAM products to guarantee the quickest & optimum resolution
- Provide technical diagnostics & troubleshooting capabilities on PCs, including windows operating systems & PC hardware
- Ensure all work undertaken is always completed to the highest possible standard & quality to guarantee Customer satisfaction
- Assure the best availability and performance of all products for the assigned installed base
- Certify that problems are solved effectively and complete preventive maintenance according to Customers SLAs
- The position will be based in the Midlands but entire UK & occasional Ireland travel will be expected
- The role will require everyday travel to Customer sites or occasionally the UK Office
- Travel to France will be expected for Technical Training
- Regular overnight stays, sometimes at short notice will be expected as part of the Field Service Engineers role
- Provide Training for our Customers on operation & maintenance of all equipment to ensure Health & Safety regulations are followed & the highest possible productivity & reliability are achieved
- Rules for objectives definition and for variable payment will be based on achievement of Customer Care KPIs
- Objectives on Employee Score Card
If interested apply with CV in Word and short Covering Letter explaining your suitability to the role and earliest availability to email@example.com; deadline 01 June 2018. Early application may be advantageous.