FIELD ENGINEER - WI-FI INSTALLATION AND SERVICING
Location – Midlands area
Salary – c£25k (@ £13 per hour / expected 37.5 hrs per week)
2.5% pension contribution by the company after 6 months to stakeholder scheme of the employee’s choice.
The position is based in the Midlands but can include travel to customers based within the rest of the UK and help support globally. There will be company vehicle and fuel card supplied and all expenses paid for travelling globally.
Our client launched the world’s first high-speed Internet solution for trains in September 2002 and is today the world’s leading provider of open Internet connectivity and application platforms for passenger transport and public safety. Their award-winning products are deployed on rail, road and sea, serving more than 1 million Wi-Fi users every week in over 33 countries and providing high-speed access for fleet tracking and mission-critical on-board systems.
They are currently looking to recruit a Field Engineer to join them in their ambition to deliver top class connectivity products and solutions to a global market.
This is an exciting and challenging role to support the Sales, Delivery and Operations departments.
They are looking for someone who can resolve problems, troubleshoot, support customers and also assist in delivery, installations and commissioning.
The role as Field Engineer involves:
- Installation, configuration and commissioning of products into public transport
- Pre and Post sales technical support.
- Deep system fault resolution across the product range
- Service testing and analysis
- Onsite installation surveys
- Carry out mobile coverage surveys
- Troubleshooting issues
We believe you will have:
- Electrical/Electronic background
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Knowledge networking technologies
- Understanding of WI-FI principle
- Full UK Driving License
- The ability to work unsocial hours due to vehicle availability
Any automotive or telematics experience would be highly advantageous.
They offer you:
- An excellent team-focused working environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast growing market
- A chance to make your mark on the future of technology for transport
- A competitive salary
- An extremely flexible, fun and varied schedule
- Computer Science, Communications or Electrical Engineering background
- Wireless telecommunications experience
- Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills to converse on all levels
- Can work alone and use initiative
- Problem solver within boundaries
- Flexible to work unsocial hours when required
- Strong team player with good work ethics
- Able to travel within UK and rest of Europe when required.
- Must welcome challenges.
- Full Driving Licence
This is a role for a high grade ex NCO from any of the 3 services with an appropriate technical installation / problem solving background who will be able to pick up new systems fast and likes working independently to achieve tasks unsupervised.
Interested? Please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com