ENVIRONMENT AND RELEASE MANAGER
Location: Brentford, Middlesex
Salary: Competitive + additional benefits
Overall Purpose of the Role
Manage the availability, including creation / closing down, and usage of the critical business systems for all testing phases and the related development environments.
Support the management off all Production Environments by working with the Hosting SDM and the relevant 3rd party service providers.
Define and Implement an approved release plan i.e. 3 Main Releases per year with the ability to release small change and Bug Fixes. Manage the releases through CAB and take responsibility for the deployments into the relevant Live Environments.
Support, and help improve, the Service Transition Process.
Manage the relationship with the Testing Service Partner.
Act as cover for the Head of Applications along with the Support and Development Manager.
Responsible for ensuring that the production, test and development environments operate to agreed service levels and all deviations are clearly visible by working with the hosted partner / 3rd parties. Manage the scheduled releases to ensure releases are fully tested and all dependencies covered though a structured release cycle.
Supplier & Customer Management
Manage existing supplier base that support the critical application environments. Ensure that any changes impacting the environment are managed through change control.
Responsible for assessing and scheduling environment bookings and prioritise and resolve scheduling and resource conflicts as requested to enable projects to deliver to planned release cycle.
Take responsibility for ensuring all production, testing and development environments are available, for BAU and project requirements. Align project delivery to the agreed Release schedule which you will manage following the Wyevale change processes. Work with Portfolio and project management to facilitate requirements for environment availability and application release.
You will provide the following to facilitate successful project delivery and application maintenance and support:
Maintain a central repository of environments in scope with their latest version and connectivity details, including all Integration touch points.
Allocation of test environments to project and application teams as requested and where environment are available.
Creation, or multiple tenancy, of new test environment subject to correct funding as per requirement.
Environment monitoring via 3rd parties.
Managing the Deleting / updating of outdated test environments
Preliminary investigation of issues on the environments and co-ordination of any issue resolution working with service delivery, application support and 3rd parties until issue resolution.
Maintain, refresh and recycle environments, including access control and deployment of software builds for testing (bespoke and 3rd party)
Creation of an environment plan / Booking system to allow customers to see when environments are available.
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling and co-ordinating the management of releases across the whole Application stack for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, project and programmes. Where necessary and if within budget you will provide tools and services to help project and application teams deploy releases.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the Portfolio and application support backlog / pending service requests. Validate, sign-off, all Project Release notes.
- Communicate all key release plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Regular Release Reporting including lessons learnt.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyses their application to current configuration management needs
Worked on multiple complex programmes of work including
- IT service delivery
- IT Project and programme delivery
- Team Management
- Test Management
- Change Management
Interested? Send your CV in Word and a short covering letter to email@example.com outlining your suitability and earliest availability; deadline 25th August 2017.