Why hire ex military?
Why Hire ex Military?
Those who rise to Executive or Managerial levels in the Armed Forces evolve certain generic management attributes: these take much longer to acquire than the specialist contacts or expertise needed to become effective in a new sector.
- Adaptability – an entirely new role every 2 – 3 years is the norm.
- Accountability – a willingness to shoulder responsibility and to adhere to established procedures.
- Leadership – formal training, a wealth of practical experience and well developed team contribution skills.
- Problem Solving – conditioned to ‘expect the unexpected’ and to work through difficulties to achieve a practical solution.
- Relationship Building – the presence, experience and personality to influence others and to inspire Trust.
- Professionalism – ambassadorial standards of appearance, timekeeping, presentational skills and loyalty.
- Integrity & Moral Courage – assets in any organisation.
Preconceptions exist about the sort of people ex-military are, and how they will fit into your organisation. But this is very seldom a problem: assessing ‘culture fit’ is critical to our success – which is why we like to visit potential Clients personally whenever possible.
We work across all Sectors, and internationally, sourcing Candidates who are already established in commercial life as well as those who are just leaving the Forces. If we do not think we can help you, we will say so.
Others are already leveraging ex-military talent effectively: top City firms JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Barclays Capital and JP Morgan all offer bespoke military internship programmes with a high subsequent Offer rate. GE (UK)’s workforce is now 14% ex military.
J1 can help you source the best and most appropriate available ex-military candidates for your vacancies direct, on a ‘no hire no fee’ basis. You can put our Candidates up against those drawn from other sources – we don’t demand ‘Exclusivity’ (though we’ll let you have an improved fee rate if you give it to us).
Submitting a vacancy is easy here.
Here are some of the companies J1 has worked with successfully.